sábado, 29 de septiembre de 2012

Coffee Cake and Nuts

Ingredients:Source: BBC GoodFoodMy mold was 27 and left normal height, if you want a high I recommend 21-24 cm. diameter
For the cake:250 gr. butter at room temperature50 gr. concentrated strong black coffee, two capsules in my case coffee or a coffee fully charged280 gr. pastry flour with yeast incorporated250 gr. sugar4 eggs size L1 teaspoon of vanilla75 gr. coarsely chopped walnuts with hands
For the filling:100 gr. sifted powdered sugar150 gr. whipping cream100 gr. mascarpone cheese at room temperature
Decoration:200 gr. white chocolate100 gr. whipping creamCaramelized almonds Cuadratidos* The original recipe has icing sugar and chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 180 º. Prepare a mold (in my case I used short one and half the cake) or two equal molds of 21 cm.
In a bowl mix the butter, sugar and eggs. If "short", as in my case. Use a larger bowl, add a little water. We put it into the fire, and the hot water into the bowl and bath type rods recover the mass beating. Once retrieved list and I followed her. It does not have pasaros, occasionally happens and I think about bato without noticing. Fold remaining cake ingredients and mix well. The last ingredient to incorporate are nuts. You can if you want to toast them a little earlier in the oven so that the flavor is slightly different, I do it with the carrot and I like more. Divide batter into prepared pan with butter and flour (or two if you have decided to bake it in two equal molds) and bake about 30 minutes. You know you are ready if you click with a stick and dry leaves.
Once ready let cool on rack and continue with the filling. Semimonta cream. Mix the sugar with the mascarpone and then carefully continue riding along with the cream cheese and sugar already mixed. The original recipe puts coffee in my case I preferred to wet the sponge with 50 gr. strong coffee.
We can assemble the cake, my cake I've halved. I wet brush and then distributes coffee cream.
Cover with the other side of the cake and re-moisten with coffee.

To decorate I made a white chocolate cream, and cream mixture Melt white chocolate in microwave and carefully to prevent burning. Let cool before handing over the cake, and you put nuts on top. Usually a cake rich with fall color.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario